Introducing the ICON from Norma Diagnostika – Smart, Ultra-Compact Haematology at your Fingertips.
The ICON haematology analyser from Norma sets new standards in terms of innovation and design. Developed for use at the point of care, the ICON is portable yet robust, with a high throughput, low running costs and small sample volume.
True Point of Care Haematology
- Footprint of an A4 sheet of paper – probably the smallest analyser of it’s class in the world.
- Has a 10 inch high resolution touch screen user interface, which can handle motion sensing gestures.
Running a Sample:
- 45-60 samples per hour
- Can process closed or open vials
- The Icon aspirates 9.8µl-15.0µl whole blood (open/closed vials) but only processes 2.4µl of whole blood – the smallest sample size ever processed by a haematology analyser. This also enables paediatric or capillary tube samples to be used without predilution.
- Small reagent volumes reduce waste and are much more cost-effective and environmentally friendly.
- Any standard K-EDTA sample tube can be used without the need for sample adapters.
- Ideal for overseeing a community service, the Icon is designed to be remotely supported. System checks, trouble shooting and software upgrades can be carried out remotely with internet access.
- Sample ID can be entered using the on-screen keyboard or an external USB keyboard.
- Barcodes can be entered by an external barcode reader or using the on-board camera.
- The Icon has LIS connectivity.
- Selected records can be printed, e-mailed or transmitted to a remote PC.
How to use the Icon
- If you have a closed sample tube, just place it into the hole on top of the analyser. The patented revolving sample mixer and the cap piercing mechanism are integrated into the device.
- Within a few seconds the tube will be returned and the test completed.
- To use open vials, select open tube mode, and the flexible sampling tip becomes visible.
- WBC, LYM, MID, GRA, LYM%, MID%, GRA%, HGB, RBC, HCT, MCV, RDWcv, RDWsd, MCH, MCHC, PLT, MPV, PCT, PDWcv, PDWsd, P-LCR% and P-LCC
- WBC, RBC and PLT
- Closed vial mode: 60 tests per hour
- Open vial mode: 45 tests per hour
- Volumetric impedance method, microfluidics
- WBC <3%, RBC <2%, HCT <3%, MCV <2%, HGB ,2%, PLT ,5%
- 100,000 test results including histograms
- 2 x USB ports