Automated hCG Testing
To perform the Sofia® hCG FIA, a urine specimen is collected and dispensed into the Sample Well on the Test Cassette. The Cassette is placed inside Sofia for an automatically defined development time.
The Kinetic Check technology gives the user greater flexibility, up to 5 minutes, before placing the Cassette into Sofia® for analysis.
Sofia® will scan the test strip and measure the immunofluorescent signal by processing the results using method-specific algorithms. The test results can also be automatically printed on an integrated printer if this option is selected.
An internal control line helps ensure that the rapid hCG test has been executed properly, that the kit reagents are performing appropriately, and that adequate flow has occurred through the test strip. Another fluorescent line should form at the Control position on the test strip each time a specimen or control is tested. If no control line is detected, the test will be reported as invalid by Sofia®. The enhanced sensitivity of the Sofia® hCG FIA gives you accuracy and confidence in rapid testing.
Key features with Sofia®:
- Advanced fluorescence detector with ultraviolet LED energy source.
- Optical sensor scans and collects hundreds of data points on the test strip.
- Proprietary algorithms analyse data, interpret signals and determine results.
- Quality control checks ensure reliability of the results.
- Easy to use interface, customisable settings, bar code technology and LIS connectivity.
- Automated results eliminate the interpretation subjectivity.
- Results can be stored in the analyser, on the provided SD card, displayed on the screen and sent to the LIS.
The Sofia® analyser also offers additional assays:
- Influenza A+B
- Strep A