The Legionella Fluorescence Immunoassay available on the Sofia Analyser offers accurate, objective results.
- Results in 10 minutes
- Greater sensitivity in less time than the leading assay
- WALKAWAY and Batching Modes available
- Connectivity with LIS/HIS
- Long shelf life
Legionella FIA Product Specifications
Pack Size: 25 Tests per kit
Methodology: Fluorescent Immunmoassay
Internal Controls: Yes
External Controls: Yes
Storage: Room Temperature 15°c-30°c
Agreement: Positive 100% Negative 93%
How to use the Sofia Legionella Assay
- Verify that the Sofia Analyser is in the desired analyser mode: Walk Away or Read Now.
- Fill the provided fixed volume pipette with the patient urine sample.
- Firmly squeeze the top bulb to empty the contents of the fixed volume pipette into the Cassette sample well. Extra liquid in the overflow bulb is OK.
WALK AWAY Mode
- In Walk Away Mode, the user immediately inserts the Cassette into the Analyser.
- The user then returns after ten minutes to get the test result.
- In this mode, the Analyser will automatically time the test development before scanning and displaying the test result.
- In this function the user is able to leave the test to incubate and run without supervision.
READ NOW Mode
- The user must first place the Cassette onto the counter or bench top for ten minutes (outside of the analyser) and manually time this development step.
- Then, the user inserts the Cassette into the Analyser. In Read Now Mode, the Analyser will scan and display the test result within one minute.
- This function allows the user to batch multiple samples for quicker turnaround times.
Run the Test
- Input the User ID using the handheld barcode scanner or manually enter the data using the key pad.
- Input the patient ID using the handheld barcode scanner or manually enter the data using the keypad.
- Press start test and the Analyser drawer will automatically open.
- Verify that the correct mode has been selected. Insert the cassette into the drawer and gently close.
- The analyser will start automatically and display the progress.
- In Walk Away Mode the test results will be displayed on the screen in approximately 10 minutes.
- In Read Now Mode, the test results will be displayed on screen within one minute.