Sofia® RSV is designed for symptomatic patients under the age of 19 years old. Designed for rapid decision making in paediatric and neonatal care, the Sofia® RSV assay offers objective and accurate results for the clinician enabling appropriate management.
- Results in 15 minutes
- Walk Away or Batching Modes available
- Single sample can be used to run both Sofia® Influenza A&B and RSV assays.
- Room Temperature storage
Sofia® RSV FIA Product Specifications
Methodology: Fluorescence Immunoassay
Sensitivity: NP Swab 100%
Specificity: NP Swab 96%
Procedural Steps: 4
Sofia® RSV FIA Test Procedure
- Verify that the Sofia® is set to the desired mode: Walk Away or Read Now.
- Prepare the reagent
- Flick or shake the reagent solution vial down so that all fluid is in the bulb.
- Twist off the tab.
- Slowly dispense all of the reagent solution into the reagent tube.
- Gently swirl the reagent tube to dissolve its contents.
- Place the patient swab sample into the reagent tube. Roll the swab at least three times while pressing the head against the bottom and side of the reagent tube.
- Leave the swab in the reagent tube for 1 minute.
- Roll the swab head against the inside of the reagent tube as you remove it. Dispose of the used swab as per your local guidelines.
- Fill the provided small, clear 120ul fixed volume pipette with patient sample from the reagent tube. To fill the fixed volume pipette with the patient sample:
- Firmly squeeze the top bulb.
- Still squeezing, place the pipette tip into the patient sample.
- With the pipette tip still in the sample, slowly release pressure on bulb to fill the pipette.
- Firmly squeeze the top bulb to empty the contents of the small, clear 120ul fixed volume pipette into the cassette sample well. Extra liquid left over in the overflow bulb should be left behind.
Walk Away Mode
In Walk Away mode, the user immediately inserts the cassette into the Sofia® Analyser. The user then returns after 15 minutes to get the test result. In this mode, the Sofia® will automatically time the test development before scanning and displaying the test result.
Read Now Mode
The user must first place the cassette onto the counter or bench top for 15 minutes (outside of the Sofia® analyser) and manually time this development step. The cassette must stand for 15 minutes to get an accurate result. Then, the user inserts the cassette. In Read Now mode, Sofia® will scan and display the test result within 1 minute.
Running the test on the Sofia® FIA analyser
Input the User ID using the handheld barcode scanner or manually enter the data using the keypad.
Input the Patient ID using the handheld barcode scanner or manually enter the data using the key pad.
Press Start Test and the Sofia® drawer will automatically open.
Verify that the correct mode, Walk Away or Read Now, has been selected. Insert the prepared patient cassette into the drawer. Then gently close the drawer.
Sofia® will start automatically and display the progress. In Walk Away mode, the test results will be displayed on the screen in approximately 15 minutes. In Read Now mode, the test results will be displayed on the screen within 1 minute.