The Sofia® Strep A Fluorescent Immunoassay (FIA) uses advanced immunofluorescence-based lateral-flow technology to detect Group A Streptococcal antigens from throat swabs of symptomatic patients.
- Results in 5 minutes
- Self-contained test cassette
- Fixed-volume pipette
- Objective result
- All components included in kit
- Room temperature storage
Sample type: Throat swab
Time to results: 5 minutes
Kit storage conditions: Room temperature (15°C to 30°C / 59°F to 86°F)
Controls: Positive and negative
Shelf life: 24 months from date of manufacture
CLIA complexity: Moderate
How to use:
- Verify that Sofia® is set to the desired Mode: WALK AWAY or READ NOW. See the “Using Sofia” section for more information.
- Squeeze ONCE to break the glass ampoule inside the Reagent Solution Bottle just prior to running the assay.
- Vigorously shake the bottle 5 times to mix the solutions. Solution should turn green after the ampoule is broken.
- Remove the cap. Holding the bottle vertically, fill the Reagent Tube to the line
(approximately 6 drops).
- – Immediately add the patient Swab sample to the Reagent Tube.
– Vigorously mix the solution by plunging the Swab 5 times in an up and down motion in the Tube.
– NOTE: Best results are obtained when the specimen is vigorously extracted in the solution.
- Leave the Swab in the Reagent Tube for 1 minute.