KOVA: The Gold Standard for Urinalysis Quality, Accuracy and Safety.
Microscopic Urinalysis is a powerful diagnostic tool. The Kova® System addresses factors that contribute to imprecision in manual microscopic urinalysis. It standardises and streamlines the sample preparation process, so you reduce variables, improve worker safety, and increase the quality and consistency of results. The Kova® System includes slides, centrifuge tubes, petters and dipstick chemistry controls.
Quality Control from KOVA
KOVA-Trol Quality Controls
- Stable human urine control (freeze-dried) for complete quality control of physical chemical and microscopic examination of urine specimens
- Available in three levels to monitor the entire decision ranges for reagent strip chemistries
- Red and white cells included for QC of microscopic urinalysis.
- hCG positive in KOVA-Trol Level III (Normal)
- KOVA-Trol Level II (Low Abnormal) and KOVA-Trol III (Normal) have microalbumin and creatinine value assigments.
- Store at 2 – 8 °C, protect from light
- Unreconstituted shelf life is 27 months from date of manufacture
- All constituents are stable from day 1 of reconstitution until day 7
- 1 month frozen stability for strip testing and hCG
- KOVA® Liqua-Trol™ is ready-to-use liquid human urine control.
- KOVA® Liqua-Trol™ is offered in bi-level liquid (available with or without microscopic) control for use of physical, chemical and microscopic examination of urine specimens.
- KOVA® Liqua-Trol™ is stable for 30 days at room temperature and full label dating to 27 months date of manufacture when refrigerated at 2-8º C.
KOVA Controls are now validated for an extended range of laboratory analysers, including:
- Roche Urisys 2400
- Arkey Aution Max Ax-4030
- Cobas U411
- 77 Electronika
- Iris iQ 200 series
- Sysmex UF-1000i
Go Glasstic® for Fantastic Results.
Disposable Glasstic slides reduce pipetting errors and eliminate variables that can interfere with microscopic urinalysis. Glasstic slides feature self-contained chambers (wells) for precise volume control. For easier and faster counting, gridded (Neubauer pattern) slides are available. And with the unique Glasstic ten-chamber design, getting fantastic results can be cost effective too.
Capillary Action, Reproducable Precision.
Add a drop of sediment and a controlled volume of sediment moves into the chamber. The result is a consistent, homogenous suspension of the sample sediment, ready for microscopic urinalysis.
Self-Contained for Accuracy and Safety.
Glasstic slides are manufactured from clear plastic – not glass – to reduce the chance of breakage and make them safer to handle. Specimens are held in self-contained slide chambers, protecting samples from cross-contamination and leakage onto the lab bench or microscope stage.